2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings Telugu
See below for the 2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings Telugu Calendar, Significance of Makar Sankranti, Makar Sankranti Celebrations at Home, FAQ’s and details
A Comprehensive Guide to Makar Sankranti Puja, Significance, Do and Donts, and Details
As the winter chill envelops the northern hemisphere, the vibrant festival of Makar Sankranti heralds the arrival of longer days and the gradual shift towards warmer weather. Celebrated on the 15th of January in 2024, Makar Sankranti is not just a date on the calendar; it is a cultural extravaganza that transcends geographical boundaries. See below for the 2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings in Telugu in detail in this comprehensive guide.
2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings Telugu:
Makar Sankranti, also known as Uttarayan, marks the transition of the sun into the zodiac sign of Capricorn (Makar). Symbolizing the end of winter and the onset of longer days, this festival holds immense cultural and spiritual significance in various regions of India. It is a time when families come together to express gratitude for the harvest and seek blessings for a prosperous future.
The festival embodies the spirit of unity as people from different communities celebrate it with diverse customs and traditions. The day is dedicated to Lord Surya (the sun god), and devotees believe that taking a holy dip in sacred rivers during this time absolves them of past sins and paves the way for spiritual enlightenment. Let’s see below for the 2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings Telugu.
Makar Sankranti Puja Timings:
The auspicious timings for Makar Sankranti puja are determined based on the specific moment when the sun transits into Capricorn. This year, on the 15th of January, the transition is expected to occur during specific hours. It is advisable to consult your local panchang or a reliable astrology calendar for accurate timing in your region. Generally, the puja is performed during the early hours of the day, with devotees offering prayers, lighting lamps, and making offerings to the sun god.
Makar Sankranti is the celebration of the 3-day festival in the Telugu States.
- Day 01 Celebrating a Bhogi Festival, On this day people celebrate the winter and have a campfire with all waste products in the house. Doing Bhogi Pandlu for infants and kids Also believes that Celebrating Bhogi will give Prosperous in life (Bhoga Bhagya)
- Day 02 Celebrating Makara Sankranti, On this day people Celebrate the Sankranthi by Flying Kites, Offering the Sweet Pongal to God, and doing the Ancestors ceremony.
- Day 03 Celebrating as a Kanuma, On this day people celebrate the vote of thanks to the Cows, and Ox which are helping in Agriculture and Farming.
Celebrating Makar Sankranti at Home:
- Decorate with Rangoli: Embellish your home with vibrant rangoli designs at the entrance. Traditionally, colors like yellow, orange, and red are preferred, symbolizing the warmth and radiance of the sun.
- Prepare Traditional Delicacies: Makar Sankranti is synonymous with mouthwatering delicacies made from freshly harvested crops. Prepare til (sesame) and jaggery-based sweets, khichdi, and other traditional dishes to savor the flavors of the season.
- Fly Kites: Kite flying is a quintessential part of Makar Sankranti celebrations. Gather friends and family for a friendly kite-flying competition, adding an extra layer of joy to the festivities.
- Charitable Acts: Makar Sankranti emphasizes the spirit of giving. Consider making charitable contributions, such as donating clothes, food, or participating in community service to spread the joy of the festival.
FAQs about Makar Sankranti:
Q1. Why is Makar Sankranti celebrated by flying kites?
A1. Kite flying is symbolic of reaching new heights and letting go of the past. It is believed that the sun god blesses those who engage in this joyful activity.
Q2. Can Makar Sankranti be celebrated by people of all religions?
A2. Absolutely! In India, people of all faiths celebrate Makar Sankranti, which transcends religious boundaries.
Q3. Are there regional variations in Makar Sankranti celebrations?
A3. Yes, different regions have their unique customs and traditions. For instance, in South India, the festival is known as Pongal, and in Punjab, it is celebrated as Lohri.
Makar Sankranti, with its rich cultural tapestry, is a celebration that unites communities and reinforces the importance of gratitude and positivity. As we eagerly await the arrival of longer days and the promise of spring, let Makar Sankranti be a reminder to cherish the bonds that bind us together and to embrace the light that dispels the darkness of winter. May this festival bring joy, prosperity, and new beginnings to you and your loved ones! This is the brief information about 2024 Makar Sankranti Date Puja Timings Telugu and details.