puri jagannath temple prasadam details
Puri Jagannath temple prasadam details:
The Jagannath Temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and was built in 1198 BE. The temple is open to Hindus and is surrounded by two walls that are mounted by Vishnu’s Sudarshan Chakra. The presiding deity of the temple, Lord Jagannath is depicted in black with large white eyes, the idol will get pooja regularly by changing its clothes. Check out below for Puri Jagannath temple prasadam details.
Puri Jagannath Temple Dress Code
As per this temple instructions, Men should wear shirts and Formal Pants. Women should wear saree. Pilgrims will not be allowed to temple in informal dresses like T-Shirts, Jeans, Shorts, etc.
Temple Pooja Timings
- Darshan 5:00 AM to 11:30 PM
- Morning Darshan 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Afternoon Break 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Evening Darshan 4:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Prasadam 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Mangala Aarti 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
- Mailam 6:00 AM to 6:30 AM
- Sahanamela 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Sandhya Dhupa 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Temple Prasadam Details:
Poori Jagannadh temple Prasada contains fifty-six varieties of dishes for the pilgrims. This prasadam consists of rice, vegetables, and dal. Mahaprasad, the holy food, is freely shared by people of all castes and creeds without any discrimination. Mahaprasad is sold to the public in Ananda Bazaar which is near Jagannadha temple.