Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja Procedure PDF Download
Know the details about Sri Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja Procedure PDF Download, Online Pooja Booking Steps, Sri Ganesha Chaturthi Pooja Vidhi.
Significance of Vinayaka Chaturthi pooja and procedure
Vinayaka Chaturthi is celebrated on the day of the birth of Lord Vinayaka, the god of auspicious beginnings. Devotees perform Vinaya Chaturthi Pooja to seek the blessings of Lord Vinayaka. Lord Vinayaka is the son of Lord Siva and Goddess Parvati Devi. Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja is observed every month on the Chaturthi tithi Shukla Paksham. The Pooja should be performed in the afternoon. The Vinayaka Chaturthi pooja procedure is explained in this article.
Vakratunda Mahakaya Surya Koti Samaprabaha |
Nirvighnam Kurumedeva Sarva Karyeshu Sarvada ||
Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja Vidhanam:
- Wake up early in the morning preferably in Brahma Muhurtham and take a head bath.
- Clean the house and Pooja place thoroughly.
- Decorate the house with thoranams and flowers.
- Devotees keep a day-long fast during Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja.
- Prepare kudumulu as naivedhyam for Lord Vinayaka as that is his favorite dish.
- Keep sugar cane,
- Prepare kalasam with water inside and put coconut on top of it.
- Keep Lord Vinayaka’s idol on a raised platform and decorate the idol with flowers.
- Put jandhyam on Lord Vinayaka’s left shoulder and offer Darbha grass.
- Do Shodashopachara to Lord Vinayaka and do Pooja.
- As Lord Vinayaka is lord of education, keep books at Lord Vinayaka’s idol.
- Distribute prasadam to devotees after Pooja.