Vasant Panchami 2023 Saraswati Puja Date and Time
See below for Vasant Panchami 2023 Saraswati Puja Date and Time, Saraswathi Pooja Avahanam and Visarjan Procedure, Maha Saraswathi Pooja.
How to do Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami?
Vasant Panchami is a festival that celebrates the first steps toward getting ready for spring. In different parts of India, this holiday is celebrated in different ways. Every year on the Shukla Panchami of the month of Magha, this festival is held.
Saraswati is known as the Goddess of Knowledge, or Vidya. On this day, people worship Saraswati. Since ancient times, this day has been thought of as Saraswati’s birthday. Saraswati is the mother goddess of knowledge and art. Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, language, music, and all arts is honored on Vasant Panchami. Women wear yellow clothes and make yellow food for this festival. In India, the year is split into six seasons, with spring being everyone’s favorite. This month, the field is full of flowers that are mustard yellow.
Importance of Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami:
Vasant Panchami is also seen as a sign of getting ready for the Holi festival, which is 40 days later. On Vasant Panchami, people also pray to Vishnu and Kama Dev. Basant Panchami is talked about in the scriptures beginning with Rishi Panchami. Many poems and the Puranas and Shastras also talk about Vasant Panchami in different ways. Worshipping Mother Saraswati can also light the lamp of knowledge.
As per traditions, people wear yellow clothes on the day of Vasantha Panchami. Yellow is a color that represents how full of life and color nature is. Young girls, in particular, wear bright yellow dresses to the celebrations and take part in them. Yellow is also the color of love, wealth, and cleanliness.
Vasant Panchami 2023 Saraswati Puja Date and Time Best Pooja Muhurtam
- On Thursday, January 26, 2023, people will celebrate Vasant Panchami.
- Panchami Tithi will start at 12:34 p.m. on January 25 and end at 10:28 a.m. on January 26, 2023.
- On January 26, the best time to do pooja for Vasant Panchami is from 7:12 AM to 12:33 PM.
- Even though pooja can be done at any time of the day, it is thought to be best to start it when the Panchami Tithi is in effect.
Vasant Panchami Katha:
Lord Shiva told Brahma Ji to make creatures and people back in the beginning. But Brahma ji was not happy with what he had made. So Brahma ji worshipped Lord Vishnu, and then Lord Vishnu appeared in front of Brahma ji. Brahma Ji told Vishnu about his problem, but Vishnu didn’t know how to solve it. So they both pray to Durga Mata Adishakti. Then Durga Mata showed up, and to solve their problem, she took off her body and showed them Goddess Saraswati. Since then, every living thing’s voice has been heard. So, Goddess Saraswati came into the world.
Saraswati Puja Vidhi:
- First, on Panchami Tithi, get up early in the morning and make a promise to worship.
- Wear clothes that are yellow during this time.
- After that, sprinkle Gangajal at the place of worship to start the worship. Set up the Maa Saraswati statue by putting a yellow cloth on the post.
- Goddess Saraswati likes yellow things. Give her yellow clothes, yellow sandalwood, yellow flowers, yellow bhog, turmeric, akshat, and saffron.
- After that, give Bhog to the mother and do the aarti of Goddess Saraswati. Say the Saraswati Mantra and Vandana while doing the aarti.